Sampa is an inter-disciplinary computer architecture group that explores research crossing multiple layers of the system stack, from hardware to programming languages and applications. Our research is motivated by new device technologies and new applications. We are part of the Paul G. Allen School of Computer Science & Engineering at the University of Washington. We work closely with the PLSE and Syslab folks.
Senior Researcher, Microsoft
Affiliate Professor, UW CSE
Past Undergraduate Students
- Austin Arechiga
- Felipe Augusto
- Evan Blajev
- Sandeep Chowdary
- Wenjie (Marissa) He
- Patrick Howe
- Umaymah Khan
- Justin Kotalik
- Wei Lin
- Tianchi Liu
- Luyi Lu
- Artem Minyaylov
- Wyatt Muntean
- Daniel Noteboom
- Cody Ohlsen
- Sui Pang (Beck)
- Chengfeng Shi
- Zach Simon
- Xinyu Sui
- Chenfan (Frank) Sun
- Yufang Sun
- Joshua Yip
- Armin Alaghi Postdoc, 2015–2017. Now at Oculus Research.
- Djordje Jevdjic Postdoc, 2015–2017. Now at Microsoft Research.
- Brandon Holt Ph.D., 2016. Now at Apple.
- Brandon Myers Ph.D., 2016. Now faculty at Iowa.
- Jacob Nelson Ph.D., 2014. Postdoc 2014–2016. Now at Microsoft Research.
- Adrian Sampson Ph.D., 2015. Now faculty at Cornell.
- Ben Ransford Postdoc, 2013–2014.
- Benjamin Wood Ph.D., 2014. Now faculty at Wellesley.
- Tom Bergan Ph.D., 2014. Now at Google.
- Michael Ringenburg Ph.D., 2014. Now at Cray.
- Brandon Lucia Ph.D., 2013. Now faculty at CMU.
- Hadi Esmaeilzadeh Ph.D., 2013. Now faculty at UC San Diego.
- Joe Devietti Ph.D., 2012. Now faculty at UPenn.
- Katelin Bailey M.S., 2015. Now at Microsoft.
- Andre Baixo M.S., 2015. Now at ARM.
- Eric Mackay M.S., 2015. Now at Amazon.
- Cody Schroeder B.S. 2012, M.S. 2013. Now at Google.
- Emily Fortuna M.S., 2011. Now at Google.
- Nick Hunt Now guiding at RMI.
- Owen Anderson M.S., 2010. Now at Apple.
- Brett Boston B.S., 2015. Now at MIT.
- York Wei B.S., 2015. Now at VMWare.
- Kristian Lieberg B.S., 2011. Now at Clean Power Research.
- Angda (Andy) Chen B.S., 2008. Now at Amazon.
Our work is supported by the National Science Foundation, the state of Washington, the C-FAR Center for Future Architectures, DARPA, and generous gifts from Microsoft, Intel, Google, Qualcomm and NetApp.